PairBurst Memory consists of a physical game board (12″ x 12″) set atop of a spinner. Within the frame of the game board is a sheet of nine evenly-sized black and white fiducial markers, which the webcam needs to see clearly in order to run the animated matching game on screen. Each of the markers is covered with a 4″ x 4″ tile, with a knob for easy-gripping.
If you don’t have a game board, you can print out the markers, sized for standard 8.5″ x 11″ paper, and cut 2″ x 2″ cardboard or paper squares to cover them. To reset the game, you can hit the Escape key on your keyboard and then “Allow” again in the dialog box to initiate the webcam.
- Position the game board on top of a table or flat surface.
- Plug a webcam with a long cord into your computer.
- Go to The Game page and click on the link to start the game. Click “Allow” to enable your webcam so that you can see the webcam framing.
- Attach the webcam to a flexible stand, or clip it to something overhead, such that the webcam is about 2 feet above the board.
- Position the board so that it fills the screen.
- Follow the instructions on The Game page for playing the game.